Fasting pies with nettles and baked tapioca
Prepare the filling first.
The nettles are washed in several waters, then they are scalded in boiling salted water for a few minutes.
Drain the nettles (keep a cup of water in which the nettles were boiled) then pass them with a blender, to obtain a very fine puree.
In the water from the hot nettles, add 50 gr. tapioca pearls, salt and pepper to taste and a tablespoon of dehydrated vegetables.
Boil until the tapioca pearls become transparent. Dilute the starch in 50 ml of water from the nettles, then pour it over the composition on the fire to thicken it like a pudding.
Leave to cool, then mix with the nettle puree.
For the dough, crush the yeast between your fingers in a large bowl. Add salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar, mix until it becomes liquid yeast.
Put warm water over the yeast, add the flour and finally the olive oil. We will get an elastic dough that we cover and leave it to rise for 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Spread the dough in a sheet 1/2 cm thick. Cut circles, place a teaspoon of filling in the middle and press the ends very well covering the filling.
Place the pies in a tray lined with Teflon sheet or baking paper.
To grease, mix two tablespoons of flour with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric, add 20 ml of cold water, mix and then grease the pies with this mixture.
Sprinkle with white sesame and salt to taste, bake until nicely browned and serve hot or after cooling.
Ingredients nettle puree with poached egg & # 8211 simple recipe
- 500 grams of nettles
- 250-300 ml. milk
- 25 grams of butter
- 25 grams of flour
- 3-4 large cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 fresh eggs / serving serving, prepared by poaching, mesh or shelled
Preparation of nettle puree with poached egg & # 8211 boiling nettles
1. Nettles are carefully selected from any impurities, washed in several cold waters and wilted, as we have shown in detail in the article Nettle in food and its properties.
2. The 500 grams of nettles will take up a fairly large volume, so we will need a 4-5 liter saucepan to boil them. But you only need 2-3 liters of water, because nettles will lose their volume as soon as they come in contact with boiling water. Bring the water to a boil and salt well, then add the washed nettles, all at once, and press them with a whisk until they are all under water. Boil the nettles for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Optional: separately, we prepare a large bowl with very cold water, ideally it should also contain ice cubes. After the nettles have boiled for 3-4 minutes, drain in a sieve of boiling water (or remove with a large skimmer from the water) and immediately put in a bowl of very cold water. This process will suddenly stop the process of cooking the nettles and will make them keep their vibrant green color, even if we are going to cook them after another 5-6 minutes. The nettles are then drained into a thick sieve.
4. After they are well drained, chop the nettles with a knife, chopping them as well as possible. If you prefer, they can be blended, in which case they will become a kind of paste.
Preparation of nettle puree with poached egg & # 8211 basic white sauce preparation
5. The basic white sauce for this nettle puree is actually a bechamel. Classically, it involves impregnating the flour with hot butter, but for a lighter version, you can proceed in the way a base is prepared for this. blow the walls. I put 250 ml on low-medium heat. of milk. The 50 ml. in addition, I kept them separately, in case the puree comes out too thick to have something to dilute it with. While the milk was hot, I mixed the flour with the soft butter, with my fingertips, until they were completely homogenous.
6. When the milk has boiled, add the flour and butter mixture over it and mix continuously with the pear-shaped teal. Even if the mixture looks inhomogeneous at first, in 1-2 minutes, when the sauce starts to set, all the lumps will disappear, obtaining a fine and velvety white sauce.
How to prepare nettle puree
7. As soon as the sauce has set, bring to a boil for 2-3 more minutes and add the chopped nettles.
8. Stir gently and boil the puree over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes. If the puree seems too thick, it can be diluted with milk kept separately and boiled for 2-3 more. Season with salt, ground black pepper and finely crushed / grated garlic to taste and boil once more before the end. Optionally, you can add some nettle and some cream to this puree, but it looks perfect to me as it is.
Preparation of nettle puree with poached egg & # 8211 laying eggs
This nettle puree can be served with all the dishes we like to combine spinach with milk and garlic. Admittedly, both go perfectly with eggs prepared in various ways, from those boiled in the shell to the eggshells or poached eggs. If you choose to serve this puree with poached eggs, I have proceeded as described below.
1. I prepared a saucepan with 3 liters of salted water and boiled it. I added 100 ml. of vinegar and I stopped the fire. The addition of vinegar is optional, but it still has a role in the faster coagulation of egg whites.
2. Fresh eggs are used for poaching. The fresher the eggs, the less unsightly egg white "fringes" will form. Break the eggs, one by one, into a bowl.
3. Stir vigorously in boiled water with salt and vinegar, forming a vortex. The broken eggs separately, in the bowl, are allowed to fall into that vortex. The centrifugal force will not allow the egg white threads to spread. For a poached egg with the fully cooked egg white and the soft yolk, it is necessary to lay the eggs for 3 minutes.
4. Remove the poached eggs from the boiled water with a whisk. It is placed on a layer of absorbent kitchen paper to drain water. Those egg whites around the egg whose appearance bothers us can be gently removed with a knife. Serve immediately, warm, sprinkled with freshly ground pepper and salt to taste.
Serve nettle puree with poached egg
This nettle puree is served hot. My proposal is to accompany it with poached eggs, don't forget that it also works with egg yolks, chicken livers or meatballs. Or what you like best. It fits perfectly with a homemade bread with a crispy and tasty crust, with which to wipe off any drop that would remain on the plate.
The nettle eater is a must-eat during this time of year, when there is a belief that even the bear, fresh out of the den, is looking for young nettles that help to thin the thickened blood over the long winter of hibernation. That this nettle food, as humble as it is, has exceptional properties for health, is a thing known for a long time, therefore, on the eve of spring, the poor are twice saved from the humble nettle: once by picking it and put on the family table this valuable piece from a nutritional point of view, but acquired absolutely free of charge, then by the fact that the nettle also offers them a modest means of income, the poor families dealing this season with picking and selling nettles.
Spring is our mother,
I grow nettles on the coast,
Gypsies come to pick them up
Bring them to a boil.
Bake her new piece,
Gentlemen eat it with eggs.
& # 8211 ended the quote, the source & # 8211 an old folk song from Banat. It's just that my lord and I have fulfilled both roles this time, and the one of & # 8222 gossip & # 8221 & # 8211 picking nettles (me gloved, brave man with free hand) but also the one of & # 8222domni & # 8217 8221 & # 8211 eating the food accompanied by & # 8222oauă & # 8221, after the song:The nettles freshly picked in the sunny morning, at the foot of flowering crocodiles (look how tender they are, I just broke the tips of the young nettle and full of sap) wash well in several cold waters, you choose them from any threads of grass that could have gotten lost among them:
It smells crazy of chlorophyll and spring, all over the house! I put a large, roomy pot on the fire, half full of water and a burnt spoon of salt. When the water boils, as if regretting their wild fragility, I throw the nettles in the pot:I put the lid on and let them boil for a while. It does not need to be cooked much, the young nettle is tender and softens immediately. I drain and rinse them under a stream of cold water & # 8211 their water would have been good too, as a cure for purification, elimination of toxins, natural iron intake, rinsing the hair to make it rich and silky & # 8211 but that's it, I wasted it mercilessly:I turned the boiled nettles into a puree (I used a stick-blender):In a bowl heat a little oil, add 3 tablespoons of flour:Mix quickly, so that the flour soaks in the fat and does not make any lumps, but in no case does not turn brown:Pour half a liter of hot milk, stirring constantly, and let it boil a little, until a thick bechamel is formed:Add the nettle puree, mix well, let it boil a little and match the taste of salt and pepper, then add 4-5 cloves of chopped garlic and 3 good tablespoons of sour cream:Boil for a maximum of 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, then the dish is ready to eat with eggs:
Nettle food recipe
1 kg of freshly picked nettles
a spoonful of wheat flour
two tablespoons of oil
a white onion
salt and pepper to taste
water for boiling nettles
- Preparation for the nettle food recipe
- We wash the nettles in more water until we notice that the water comes out clean.
- We put in a large pot to boil the water in which we will boil the nettles, about 15-20 minutes depending on how old they are.
- After they are boiled, we take them out and let them drain for five minutes in a large strainer. We keep a cup of juice from boiling for later.
- Once drained, chop them finely with a knife or eggplant chopper.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Put the oil in the pan and when it is hot add the onion and cook it for a minute, then add the flour, mix and cook for two minutes.
- Add a cup of juice in which the nettles were boiled. We mix. It will form a kind of sauce as thick as sour cream when we put the finely chopped nettles.
- Add salt, pepper and let it cook for another quarter of an hour, after which we can serve it simply, with a little rice, with polenta and / or freshly grated horseradish.
Do not throw away the water left over from boiling nettles. It is very good to be used in other foods or to rinse your hair. Nettle tea is well known for its beneficial effects on oily or dandruff hair care.
Have a good appetite!
Other spring foods:
Spinach dish with quinoa (click here for recipe)
Stevia soup with larch (click here for recipe)
Spinach salad with oranges (click here for recipe)
Friday, October 2, 2009
I called it Dublin, because it's green and cheerful :-)
And with this recipe I start a new category in this blog, namely fasting recipes. Fasting days often give me topics for culinary thinking, because it is not easy for me to invent something new without products with meat, milk, eggs. But even more thrilling is the challenge.
So today the Dublin zucchini.
Ingredients: 3 pumpkins about 20 cm long, 2 tomatoes, a handful of spinach (I used frozen spinach), a cup of long grain rice, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt, green pepper, sage, mustard Dijon (the one with whole grains, also appears under the name of French mustard)
The zucchini is cut lengthwise into thin slices, which are hardened in oil (of any kind). Place a layer of zucchini in a heat-resistant dish, salt and sprinkle with finely chopped garlic:
Meanwhile, boil the rice in salted water, scald and, if necessary, chop the spinach (the frozen one is ready to be chopped), drain and mix. Add extra virgin olive oil - salt, green pepper, a little sage and a teaspoon of Dijon mustard. In a short time this mixture acquires a consistency that can be worked with very easily, you will see a little later what funny things can be invented. The rice mixture is spread over the first layer of zucchini. But keep about 4 globes for the surprise later.
Place the second layer of hardened zucchini, then garnish with sliced tomatoes.
Bake until the tomatoes are lightly cooked.
Despite its fragile appearance, the mixture is well coagulated and easy to serve.
Here is the surprise that especially the little ones will enjoy. They will be more attracted to taste rice, if you tell them the story of the two little Chinese:
Pumpkin and cinnamon pie - fasting recipe
The apple pie is a delicious dessert, you don't waste much time when you make it and it is also healthy. Probably many people do not like the taste of pumpkin, but in this cake it will not even feel because we add a little cinnamon that gives it a special flavor.
Ingredients for sheets:
- 400 gr flour, 250 ml warm water
- A little salt, 5 tablespoons oil
- A little oil for spreading the sheets
Ingredients for the filling:
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 700 gr pumpkin for pies
Method of preparation:
- The first step is to clean and prepare the pumpkin - it is cleaned and grated - it is mixed with sugar and cinnamon and then it is put in a pan high enough. Stir and simmer until the pumpkin softens and the juice begins to evaporate.
- After we have prepared the pumpkin, we can start with the leaves - if you find puff pastry dough from the market, you can use it
- To prepare the sheets we have to put the flour in a bowl, add the oil, a little salt, warm water and mix until we get a homogeneous dough, soft but not sticky.
- Place on the work surface and cover with a towel for 15 minutes. After this time has elapsed, knead again and divide into 2 - leave to rest again for 10 minutes.
- Spread the dough until you get a sheet about 4-5 mm thick - grease with oil and leave for another 10 minutes
- On a surface covered with flour, spread the sheets until you see the table / work surface but do not break. Grease the sheet with oil, put the composition and roll lightly. In order not to break the sheet you can spread the dough on a tablecloth and with its help you can roll the dough
- Cut into pieces along the length of the tray, grease with oil and put in the oven for 40 - 45 minutes at 200 degrees
When it is taken out of the oven, it is left to cool a little, it is powdered with sugar and it is ready to serve. Good appetite!
Nettle food with garlic, horseradish and polenta
Nettle food with garlic, horseradish and polenta is a traditional recipe, simple, cheap, dietary and tasty, which is cooked in spring. It is full of vitamins and flavors, a recipe recommended for all ages, which provides a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals to the body.
Nettle, fasting recipe, beaten nettles, stinging nettles. Written and video recipe.
In the cold winters, dried nettles made teas, soups and dishes. During long fasting periods, in winter. my grandparents made a healthy pot of nettle tea and a slice of home bread greased with quince jam or plum jam, ready to eat. Sugar-free tea, simple. Clean health!
We can't wait to sit down at the low table with 3 legs, on the tiny chairs and the grandmother to put a big bowl in the middle with soup or steaming nettle food. With hot or cold polenta, we eat with wooden spoons to beat the Turks in our mouths. We were all sitting at the table, the adults were eating at the big table, but they were watching us with eagle eyes, to see if we were eating or if we were eating in vain & rdquo. We all eat from the same bowl as a basin and often had to be filled at least once & # 128578
Our grandfather was burdened with feigned resentment, that we were impoverishing him, that we were burdening the weeds and dealing with our hunger. & # 128512
Grandma laughed silently under the corner of the headscarf and secretly motioned for us to eat everything, that she would put us in again.
Buuuuna food! That's why my brothers and cousins and I are so smart and beautiful. Especially me, right? & # 128512
A craita in the kitchen
It is inevitable that hot thoughts will not come to your mind while you are eating home-cooked food.
- Request a link
- Other applications
Nettle food with garlic (fasting recipe)
HOW URZICA WORKS ON THE ORGANISM
- Vitaminizes and remineralizes the body.
- Eliminates anemia.
- Balances the body's defense system.
- Cleanses the blood with a detoxifying effect.
- Acts bactericidal by limiting or eliminating the multiplication of bacteria.
- It has a beneficial effect in bronchitis and asthma. It fluidifies bronchial secretions and promotes their elimination by expectoration. Fight cough.
- Stimulates metabolism.
- Stimulates bile secretion, pancreatic, gastric and intestinal secretion, stimulates intestinal peristalsis and digestion.
- Fights diarrhea, dysentery and inflammatory conditions of the lining of the digestive tract.
- Acts against intestinal worms, etc.
NECKLACES ARE RECOMMENDED IN THE FOLLOWING DISEASES:
- Kidney, prostate and bladder disorders.
- Circulatory disorders.
- Beneficial effects in case of varicose veins, varicose ulcers or hemorrhoids.
- Gastric, hepatic, intestinal diseases.
- Gastric, hepatic, pancreatic and intestinal secretory insufficiency.
- Indigestion, enteritis, diarrhea, dysentery.
- Duodenal ulcer, gallstones and duodenal.
- Gastric disorders due to tobacco abuse.
- Urinary retention, uremia, urinary incontinence.
- Galactogenic insufficiency.
- Hemoptysis, internal and uterine hemorrhage, metrorrhagia, irregular periods, vaginitis, leukorrhea, etc.
Nettle food with garlic
1 kg of fresh nettles
4 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons broth
a tablespoon of flour
1/4 packet margarine
a cup of soy milk (if you don't have it, give it up and replace it with the juice in which the nettles were boiled)
Peel the nettles and wash them well under running cold water, then scald them for 10 minutes in hot water.
Melt the margarine in a pan (it can also be replaced with oil) and cook the finely chopped onion,
then quench with the broth dissolved in a little water, add the nettles drained of juice and finely chopped, like ripe eggplant.
In a bowl, dissolve the flour in the soy milk and then pour over the nettles,
let it boil a little, until it thickens. Along the way, fill it with the juice in which they boiled and let it simmer for 30-35 min. It is served with hot polenta. You can also add an egg, if you are not fasting.