Nepalese scrambled eggs recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
The Nepalese version of scrambled eggs: fried red onions, exotic spices and fresh coriander combined with fluffy scrambled eggs. Served on toast, these eggs make a great alternative to a fry up.
11 people made this
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 30g butter
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:25min
- Heat ghee in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the onions, coriander, cumin and cayenne pepper until the onions are soft. Stir in the curry paste and set aside.
- In a separate frying pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Pour in the eggs; cook and stir until eggs are set. Mix in the onion mixture and serve garnished with fresh coriander.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (7)
by Cafe au lait
Very nice. I love curry and we both like eggs - so this was a great new recipe. I used sweet onions and eliminated the coriander. My curry is a homemade dry blend so I only put 1 tablespoon and that was just right. Didn't use the cilantro either.-10 Feb 2011
This just wasn't for me. I'm not a fan of eggs or curry paste, but luckily my boyfriend is! He enjoyed them, I didn't as much, hence the mixed review. Followed recipe perfectly, only used normal flour instead of ghee.-23 Aug 2007